Internals, Tips and Tricks for your G4

Moderator: ASGI Tim

Soundman
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

G4-A1 Rewire

Postby Soundman » Mon May 28, 2012 10:29 pm

I've been told that I should rewire my G4 for better quality and performance. What wiring should I get? And is there a guide somewhere on how to rewire? I've searched and can't find one. Also, just in case it matters, I'm putting this MOSFET in. http://www.infectedarmory.com/mosfets.html

Thanks!
tylerflow
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: bah

Re: G4-A1 Rewire

Postby tylerflow » Mon May 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Basically get 16AWG wires and put them where the old wires were. Also get deans plugs. You can find them cheap at hobby stores or Amazon/Ebay. I got mine at clandestineairsoft.com. Also, if you can switch out that crappy G&G motor for an SHS or AMP high torque.

Regarding that MOSFET, I've heard it's kinda hit-or-miss with Infected Armory. I personally have zero experience with them. Also with active breaking, you run the risk of damaging your motor and battery. Epic Skills on this forum sells MOSFETs for as cheap as $15 or $20 and they're pretty nice IMO :D .
#
Soundman
Pawn

Postby Soundman » Mon May 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

I thought active braking was suppose to keep the motor running longer... http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com/item-for-sale/mosfet-w-active-breaking-circuit/

If active braking is bad then I'll skip this MOSFET. Do I just need to PM Epic Skills then?
tylerflow
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: bah

Postby tylerflow » Mon May 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Some technical stuff about reversing magnetic polarity blah blah I'm not sciency. It decreases your motor's life and possibly gear life by abruptly stopping movement.

Yeah, just PM him.
#
Soundman
Pawn

Postby Soundman » Tue May 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Ok. Thanks for the help and quick responses!

Return to “G4 Internal”