Convert a G4-A2 Blazing Hog into a G4-A5 DMR...

charbrec
Pawn

Convert a G4-A2 Blazing Hog into a G4-A5 DMR...

Postby charbrec » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:54 pm

So I purchased a Blazing Hog a few months ago, and it's a great gun. But I've been seriously thinking about buying a DMR or Sniper lately, and was curious to see how hard it would be to convert my G4-A2 into a dmr via an upper-receiver swap. I've been looking at all the other G4's, and was looking at what rail/outer barrel/inner barrel they where running, trying to determine how much it would cost. I was thinking about essentially building the upper receiver for the G4-A5 DMR, and was curious if anybody knew exactly what parts go into it? Thanks in advance, i'm still an Airsoft noob.
tylerflow
Jeweled General

Re: Convert a G4-A2 Blazing Hog into a G4-A5 DMR...

Postby tylerflow » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:00 am

Well, if you expect to get better performance from just switching the upper receivers and barrels, you've got it wrong. A G4 DMR doesn't have a significant range or accuracy advantage over the other G4s because they're all the same gun inside. A true DMR takes time and money to build to actually outperform everyone else's guns or else you just have a long and heavy gun that shoots the same as someone's compact and light gun.

But if you want to have it anyway, you would need a G&G plastic upper receiver and whatever rail system the A5 has.
#

Return to “G4 Owners Corner”