Can someone give me the pros and cons of these G4's?

Moderator: ASGI Tim

Wastintime
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Can someone give me the pros and cons of these G4's?

Postby Wastintime » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Alright so I've definitely decided that I will be purchasing one of the many G4's in the future. So after doing some research and watching some videos I've narrowed down my choices to these three:

-http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_302&products_id=6344 (G4-A3 SP)
-http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_302&products_id=5110 (G4-A1 w/Daniel Defense 9")
-http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_302&products_id=5995 (G4-18 Carbine)

So I know that for the most part, the internals of G4's are the same. But, I also know out of these three none of them have the same rail system. The G4-18 has a Daniel Defense 9" Sopmod RIS. The G4-A3 has a Daniel Defense 7" Omega RIS. and lastly, the G4-A1 comes with a Daniel Defense 9" Lite Rail. So I'm wondering, are there any major differences between these rail systems in these guns? Also if you happen to own one of the three G4's listed here, it would be very helpful if you could post any problems you've had.
Sarge550
Pawn

Re: Can someone give me the pros and cons of these G4's?

Postby Sarge550 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Most free float rail systems will have some form of barrel wobble. That's about it.
-Upgraded G4-A3 DMR
-UHC 8in Revolver
-Galaxy MP5K
-UTG L96
SjKimber
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby SjKimber » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Sarge550 wrote:Most free float rail systems will have some form of barrel wobble. That's about it.

This does not make sense at all. Free Float rail systems have nothing to do with the barrel.
Free float rail systems replace the delta ring and spring. You screw on the mount and then attach the rail to the mount.

Barrel wobble is completely different
KWA LM4, VFC M4, KWA m9
all lightly modded and running rock solid for years.
ncvikingx97
Panzer Dragoon

Postby ncvikingx97 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:47 pm

They should have replaced the outer barrel with a different one, due to the rail systems. If they didn't, then it will have a 2-3 piece barrel( can't remember what cm's have). The barrels will probably all be different, depending on the g4 you get, because if rail size difference. G&G sportlines/combat machines/ g4s have great polymer bodies. Other than that, and the cool rail system, they are very average performers. Donyou have to have rails?
Armory:
King Arms M4
KWA m9

Add me on XBL at NCvikingx97
The resident King Arms believer.

Return to “G4 Owners Corner”