G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Moderator: ASGI Tim

User avatar
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
Posts: 13690
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:30 am
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes
Location: Winchestertonfieldville

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby adog12341 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:50 pm

So now I'm 13? Please, go back to school....
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
User avatar
HolyHandGrenade
King General
Posts: 6931
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:19 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Moo
Location: Knoxville, TN
Contact:

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm sorry, last time I checked your profile you were 13, I stand corrected. And now you change the subject by telling me to go back to school? Have you checked your own grammar lately?

Try staying on topic, or are you admitting that I won?
User avatar
sonjamichelle
Panzer Dragoon
Posts: 1293
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:46 am
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby sonjamichelle » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:00 pm

:roll:
Capitalize, punctuate and spell check!! It does a mind good!!
_________________________________________________________________
Image
Image
Image
My Armory
User avatar
HolyHandGrenade
King General
Posts: 6931
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:19 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Moo
Location: Knoxville, TN
Contact:

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm

sonjamichelle wrote::roll:


I agree, even though it was reflected at moi. :roll:
User avatar
SPC
=|BANNED|=
Posts: 5142
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:36 am
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes
Location: (n): A particular place in physical space.
Contact:

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby SPC » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:09 pm

why can't you guys be civil? I mean, you expressed your feelings about GI, Gi expressed his feelings about it, why couldn't it end there? No, you guys gotta go and then fight about it. It never needed to go any where, either of you could've taken the gentleman route and kept your peace, or not got into it when the other wanted to, but right now, all this talk of age is nothing because you both are on the same, low, maturity level. grow up, its the internet, people are gonna disagree, you need to learn to pick your fights, fights of opinions will never do anything, only cause anger, its the same with fan boys as well. now, if you're arguing fact for fact, thats a different story, is someone is truly wrong, you can and should contest that.

A song comes to mind, The Gambler. A line specifically stands out. "You go to know when to hold them. Know when to fold them. Know when to walk away. Know when to run." Music can be more then a beat, a sob story, or a distraction.

I've said my part, its up to you guys now.
User avatar
HolyHandGrenade
King General
Posts: 6931
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:19 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Moo
Location: Knoxville, TN
Contact:

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 pm

SPC wrote:Now, if you're arguing fact for fact, thats a different story, is someone is truly wrong, you can and should contest that.



Alright, guess you didn't read the whole thing or you've never touched a LiPo... :roll: Then guess what? I guess you just stepped over facts as well, b/c what I said IS fact.

LiPos are NOT almighty gearbox killers, some 11.1v lipos are weaker than 9.6vs (Um... Any that you buy from airsoft stores?)

Heh, notice that people who have actually used GOOD LiPos are agreeing with me, while as the people who haven't ever touched them are siding with Adog, I see a trend starting. Gosh, know what you're talknig about before you post.

P.S. I'm done arguing with you people who haven't ever used LiPos. You wanna argue about something you've never touched, then you really, really need to grow up.
User avatar
CybeRoguE
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
Posts: 13667
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:00 am
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Noo
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby CybeRoguE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:22 pm

What HHG said about LiPo's is true though. Voltage (Aka change in charge) isn't the only thing that powers gearboxes. You also have to take into account current and amperage.

Here's an anology. Would you rather get hit by a brick going at 1mph, or a pebble going at 100mph? The brick has a higher "voltage", but isn't exactly stronger. The same applies to batteries, a higher voltage doesn't always mean it's more powerful. You could just as easily have a 7.4v LiPo overpower an 11.1v LiPo, and have an 8.4 NiMH overpower a 14.4v LiPo (It's possible).
Last edited by CybeRoguE on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
Posts: 13690
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:30 am
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes
Location: Winchestertonfieldville

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby adog12341 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:23 pm

THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
User avatar
CybeRoguE
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
Posts: 13667
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:00 am
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Noo
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby CybeRoguE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:26 pm

adog12341 wrote:http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_236&products_id=5807 Say its weak! Say its weak!!! :roll:

ASGI wrote:Voltage: 12.8v
Discharge Rate: 40C


Most LiPo's in airsoft tend to run at around 20-25C... This thing is going at 40C, which is what many other hobbies use.
Last edited by CybeRoguE on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
HolyHandGrenade
King General
Posts: 6931
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:19 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Moo
Location: Knoxville, TN
Contact:

Re: G4, Gen II vs. Killer Lipo

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:27 pm

adog12341 wrote:http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_236&products_id=5807 Say its weak! Say its weak!!! :roll:


It's not weak by any means (same battery, Tenergy brand, $40 on HobbyKing... :roll:), but it's not the one Tim used, so your argument is invalid.

Return to “G4 Videos”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron