New low for Asgi

General Airsoft GI TV Discussion

Moderator: ASGI Tim

Honoured1
Knight

Re: New low for Asgi

Postby Honoured1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:22 am

Big_Ron wrote:
"HolyHandGrenade Oh yes, because having someone who knows NOTHING about airsoft is exactly NOT what that law was pertaining to.

Are we talking about the same issue? I’m getting at we should be more concerned about the Bill not the fact the ASGI has girls on there vids.

You seem to be implying we sit here and just look at things to critique ASGI on. Wrong. Implying we're spending hours doing this? Wrong. Personally, I've called three times to every senator on that list.

:::ASGI SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS:::

Took the girl out to their little chrono range or whatever, taught her gun safety and Trigger discipline (which they did a good job of, as far as I saw.) And put her in Tac gear and load outs and had her run around at an indoor field they rented out for a day. That would have been perfectly acceptable, IMO.

I forget ASGI hates when you call out their competition, so UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE AROUND WHO PUT GUNS IN HANDS OF MODELS, GI HAS BEEN A PARAGON OF TACTICAL AND PRACTICAL OVER SEXY AND APPEALING.
Armory:
KWA PTR LM4 380fps / 13 RPS - 15,500 rounds, No Problems
VFC 416D (M27 IAR) GBBR -
KWA Mp7 -400 FPS / 22rps - 25,000 rounds, No Problems
KSC G18c

Have owned: E1 Stag-15, JG G36c, JG Tact. AK, JG AUG A1/3, G4-A3, ICS m4/16, VFC Scar-L, Socom Gear N-10", JG G3 SAS, VFC PDW, WE PDW, WE Scar, WE m14, E1 MTC, E1 Scar, TM Mp5, ACM M500, KWA 1911, Cyma M14, WE 1911, KJW 5.1, Magpul Masada, A&K Masada, KWA S-sytem, VT MK18, A&K 249, E1 Baby m4, TM mk23, TM 5-7, KJW m700
Big_Ron
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Big_Ron » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:52 am

I implyed nothing. i am just pointing out that there is other things to make a big deal of then this. ASGI has the best rivews and has been IMO speer heading this whole thing on the bill.
When it absolute, Positivity has to be destroyed over night. Call the U.S. Navy, We can destroy any thing any were with in 24 Hours guaranteed.........
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:43 am

Look, this is a totally pointless argument :roll: ... She's not dressed like a striper, and it's not like the pictures are of her tearing of her gear... calm yourselves! So what ASGI has a model? It's true that the purpose of having her is to increase sales, but so what? I'm sure she is treated w/ respect there and is considered a part of the GI staff. She takes a risk of being sexually harassed, but I'm sure she is aware of that. This is only an issue if people make it an issue. If they started selling stuff like this I would be dissapointed, but they are not...
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=34631
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=34701
Jonas wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

AgentJ
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby AgentJ » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:03 am

Also, the guys that they have take pictures in gear are for increasing sales too. The only difference between then and now is that they have one female model.
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:15 am

AgentJ wrote:Also, the guys that they have take pictures in gear are for increasing sales too. The only difference between then and now is that they have one female model.

exactly... we r not in the 1920's... apparently "women can do whatever a men can do", but god forbid they touch a gun or even a replica gun :roll: ... I enjoy seeing women in airsoft, in fact, my EX went out airsofting w/ me on multiple occasions and my mom tried it once... (now that I think of it... my EX still has my E1 G36 :evil: :shock: )
Jonas wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

St Chris008
Panzer Dragoon

Postby St Chris008 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 am

I don't have a problem with GI using girls to promote their stuff, I just don't want this to begin a trend of following certain companies' methods of objectifying women to sell their stuff. I don't have a problem with the way the current GI model is being portrayed, I just don't want it to go farther where it's using sex appeal and is disrespectful.

It's not that "girls can't do what guys can do," it's that I don't want it to turn to a marketing tactic aimed at immature boys who just want to stare at hot girls. I think that GI has plenty of other ways to sell their stuff, and I have no problem with girls playing airsoft as some posters have tried to imply, (this is the vibe I got in general, not aimed at one person,) I just don't want it to become about objectifying women to sell toys.
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum

Postby adog12341 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:56 am

St Chris008 wrote:and I have no problem with girls playing airsoft as some posters have tried to imply, (this is the vibe I got in general, not aimed at one person,) I just don't want it to become about objectifying women to sell toys.

That's the exact problem some are talking about. As far as I know, she hasn't even played one game of airsoft.. Practice what you preach. ;)
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
HolyHandGrenade
King General
HumanQuestion2: Moo

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Renengan wrote:exactly... we r not in the 1920's... apparently "women can do whatever a men can do", but god forbid they touch a gun or even a replica gun :roll: ... I enjoy seeing women in airsoft, in fact, my EX went out airsofting w/ me on multiple occasions and my mom tried it once... (now that I think of it... my EX still has my E1 G36 :evil: :shock: )

Renengan, I'm sorry, but every post you have made in this thread has made you appear extremely dumb. You're arguing against something that NO ONE, not even a single person has stated or even implied (not to mention your grammar is making your posts near impossible to decipher). Either learn how to read/grow up a bit or stfu. Seriously, child. </end mini-rage fit>

Back on topic: For those of you saying that ASGI is only using a model as a "playing airsoft" and not centering around the use of cleavage for a sex sells mindset. Here's the email I just got from them:

*removed, someone brought to my attention that I had my email address on the screenshot. Thanks random anonymous user. xP Just look at ASGI's latest email flier and you'll see what I had here*

Oh yes, totally not centering around cleavage. FFS, that's what the camera is focused on. Everything else in the picture is slightly blurry. D*mn, the maturity level is under 9000 there.

P.S. Still love the name that sounds like some hormone-controlled 12 year old came up with. "GITV Girls"
Last edited by HolyHandGrenade on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AgentJ
Gold General

Postby AgentJ » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:39 pm

The picture is taken using what is called the 3/4 rule. When filming or taking a picture the person's head/face is supposed to be about 3/4 of the way to the top of the photo/frame. They made this rule because a study was done that shows people glance first at the top left corner of a paper, photo, or screen first. Whether you admit it or not your eye shoots there first. Just because something is in the center of a photo doesn't mean that it is the center of attention. True they aren't doing much to hide the cleavage, but if that is the worst they have I don't see anything wrong.
sniper269
Knight

Postby sniper269 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:51 pm

I mean I love the idea of girls getting into air soft, but they should be wearing tactical clothes/ gear. And the thing "gi girls" kind of suggest they are trying to use a girl to sell stuff. She looks very nice and the clothing she wears is not that bad, it is just the way gi presents it. I just hope this doesn't take gi down the wrong path.
2 shots through the heart
1 shot through the head

Return to “Airsoft GI TV Discussion”