New low for Asgi

General Airsoft GI TV Discussion

Moderator: ASGI Tim

Honoured1
Knight

Re: New low for Asgi

Postby Honoured1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Bottom line/tl;dr: Drop the "GITV Girls" crap, sounds like something a hormone-enraged 12 year old would come up with; get an actual airsofter, or at least make her look like an actual airsofter; and then maybe it wouldn't be as bad. Except for the fact that you are outright copying competition, which makes for a bad impression for your company.

This is... uh... exactly correct. I don't think you could do it better.
Armory:
KWA PTR LM4 380fps / 13 RPS - 15,500 rounds, No Problems
VFC 416D (M27 IAR) GBBR -
KWA Mp7 -400 FPS / 22rps - 25,000 rounds, No Problems
KSC G18c

Have owned: E1 Stag-15, JG G36c, JG Tact. AK, JG AUG A1/3, G4-A3, ICS m4/16, VFC Scar-L, Socom Gear N-10", JG G3 SAS, VFC PDW, WE PDW, WE Scar, WE m14, E1 MTC, E1 Scar, TM Mp5, ACM M500, KWA 1911, Cyma M14, WE 1911, KJW 5.1, Magpul Masada, A&K Masada, KWA S-sytem, VT MK18, A&K 249, E1 Baby m4, TM mk23, TM 5-7, KJW m700
STexasPlayer
Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: moo

Postby STexasPlayer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:58 pm

I don't believe that ASGI is intending to make these photos innapropriate. I can understand where youre coming from though. Inokatsu's ads are unprofessional. ASGI seems like they are trying to promote the weapons and gear, whereas Inokatsu and Evike, the center of attention is more on the models.

This whole shenanigan is just a long stretch away from GI's typical advertising, and they may have just gone the wrong way about doing it.

I haven't seen anything particularly revealing or inappropriate from these photos, but then again, I don't really look at them often.

EDIT:: Yes, the name "GITV Girl" isn't particularly professional, and does sound childish, and makes it seem even more "sex sells" orientated.
ImageImage
Total spent on ASGI alone: $1067.63
I have an 18% coupon code for Evike if anyone wants it, message me. Cause I wont be using it.
AgentJ
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby AgentJ » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm

I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I've seen girls more scantily clad out in public, and most people though that they were perfectly acceptable in that clothing. She has cleavage showing because she is in a tank top. Female clothing is always low cut compared to men's. Could they put her in a T-shirt? Yes. Did they? No. As for the argument that she is a girl and selling sex like that, I once saw an Inokatsu add for their 1911 that had a guy with his shirt off. WTF right? All that matters is that she feels fine with it and that GI doesn't take it to far. As far as saying that she is a GITV Girl, no one seems to have a problem with LC Angels. If the argument is just because the LC Angels play Airsoft , I don't care. Not a good enough argument if you ask me.
STexasPlayer
Dragoon

Postby STexasPlayer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:07 pm

AgentJ wrote:I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I've seen girls more scantily clad out in public, and most people though that they were perfectly acceptable in that clothing. She has cleavage showing because she is in a tank top. Female clothing is always low cut compared to men's. Could they put her in a T-shirt? Yes. Did they? No. As for the argument that she is a girl and selling sex like that, I once saw an Inokatsu add for their 1911 that had a guy with his shirt off. WTF right? All that matters is that she feels fine with it and that GI doesn't take it to far. As far as saying that she is a GITV Girl, no one seems to have a problem with LC Angels. If the argument is just because the LC Angels play Airsoft , I don't care. Not a good enough argument if you ask me.

This exactly. A tank-top and pants is perfectly acceptable for a jaunt out in public, but not if you get your picture taken?
ImageImage
I have an 18% coupon code for Evike if anyone wants it, message me. Cause I wont be using it.
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby Age » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 pm

STexasPlayer wrote:This exactly. A tank-top and pants is perfectly acceptable for a jaunt out in public, but not if you get your picture taken?

Yes, I would say that's acceptable clothing, however it could not be acceptable depending on the situation. If you are deliberately focusing the camera on a specific "area", and making it an obvious pose to flair out your "goods", then no, it's not worthy for the public.

Same kind of principle goes for guns (airsoft or real). Sure, you can use them, but only to a certain extent... Can you use an airsoft gun for MilSim or recreational gaming in a controlled environment? Yes. Can you brandish your replica in public or shoot random pedestrians on the sidewalk? Hell no.

It all depends on how something is being used.

If ASGI needs to go so low as to use women to make people buy their products, something is wrong with their advertising. Also, if you are trying to help the sport grow, how do you think parents are going to react when they are buying their child's first airsoft gun? They might get the wrong idea of things. And how do you think congressmen will react about SB798 if they think you're all just a bunch of low life guys that have nothing better to do then look at online women all day?
Silversage95
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: 115

Postby Silversage95 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Honestly, I could care less if they had a model posing, as long as she is in proper clothing/tactical gear. That means no tank tops and "sexy" dresses. Have her wear what a player would wear...Combat shirt/BDU's/plate carrier, and all that cool stuff. No dresses especially.

Doesn't matter what girls/women wear in public, this is professional photography for a professional airsoft company. Keep the clothing airsoft related.

Having models posing in other things could give airsoft/GI the wrong image. Maybe some girl goes onto GI because she is intrigued with airsoft, then see's all the pictures of models on GI's/other company's website in cleavage/leg revealing clothing, and thinks that all airsofters see girls as are things to be photographed and stared at.
Kind of back on the forum. I will occasionally post when I have nothing to do. Still will respond to pm's as normal if I home and paying attention.

Best regards, the new and improved Silversage/Silverherb/Silverware/etc etc.
Big_Ron
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Big_Ron » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:03 am

Are we really going to complain about this? We have a huge issue about to change our sport and hobby forever and somebody is upset about see a girl. So just stop it.
When it absolute, Positivity has to be destroyed over night. Call the U.S. Navy, We can destroy any thing any were with in 24 Hours guaranteed.........
HolyHandGrenade
King General
HumanQuestion2: Moo

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:01 am

Big_Ron wrote:Are we really going to complain about this? We have a huge issue about to change our sport and hobby forever and somebody is upset about see a girl. So just stop it.

Oh yes, because having someone who knows NOTHING about airsoft is exactly NOT what that law was pertaining to.
STexasPlayer
Dragoon

Postby STexasPlayer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 am

Yes, you all have a good point. I looked through GI's pictures, and saw everything you guys were talking about.

And, it will give Airsoft a bad image with the public, SB798, etc.

I don't mind it as long as GI doesn't continue taking pictures of her from an upward angle, etc. This seems childish, and will give ASGI a bad name, especially following Evike.
ImageImage
Big_Ron
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Big_Ron » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:04 am

"HolyHandGrenade Oh yes, because having someone who knows NOTHING about airsoft is exactly NOT what that law was pertaining to.

Are we talking about the same issue? I’m getting at we should be more concerned about the Bill not the fact the ASGI has girls on there vids.
When it absolute, Positivity has to be destroyed over night. Call the U.S. Navy, We can destroy any thing any were with in 24 Hours guaranteed.........

Return to “Airsoft GI TV Discussion”