General Airsoft GI TV Discussion

Moderator: ASGI Tim

sniper269
Knight
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

New low for Asgi

Postby sniper269 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Not to hate on asgi but this new gi girls thing is just, weird. I liked asgi better because it had non of that stuff, people still bought guns from them with out these videos. I don't understand this new "tactic" and feel asgi would be better offwithout it. Thoughts about this new series.
2 shots through the heart
1 shot through the head
Silversage95
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: 115

Re: New low for Asgi

Postby Silversage95 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:55 pm

My opinion:
The GI girl is very pretty and all, but it is a step in the wrong direction for GI. They are starting to become like Evike in the sense of using attractive women in revealing clothing (sometimes, not all the pictures of the new GI girl are of her in revealing clothes) to try to sell stuff. I don't like it.
Kind of back on the forum. I will occasionally post when I have nothing to do. Still will respond to pm's as normal if I home and paying attention.

Best regards, the new and improved Silversage/Silverherb/Silverware/etc etc.
HolyHandGrenade
King General
HumanQuestion2: Moo

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Agreed.

It's disgusting that they're going that route. The whole "sex sells" attitude is enough to push me away from purchasing from a retailer.

ASGI: If you wish to keep your more mature customers, ditch the objectification of women. And if you want proof of my statement that you will lose your mature customer base, just head on over to the website of your competitor.
St Chris008
Panzer Dragoon

Postby St Chris008 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:28 pm

^Agreed.

I think they should focus on their great customer service and products than following other companies' strategies (who won't be named :mrgreen: ) of using girls to sell their stuff.

EDIT: Got ninja'd, but it basically applies to both posts.
mahabra695
Silver General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby mahabra695 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Personally, I would rather not have a woman objectifying herself on GI TV. Have you guys read the comments on the Airsplat Youtube page? Everyone just says what they wanna do to that girl.
Though ASGI would not lose my business. E fail is nothing but problems in my book.

EDIT: Now I got ninja'd....lol.
tylerflow wrote:I probably had the shortest spray of 2in.
Native
Jeweled General

Postby Native » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:29 pm

I don't know if I am playing the devils advocate here but you have to look at it from a businesses point of view. If this new GI Girl can bring in revenue than by all means why not use it. In addition it is not like she is being forced to do this either, it is her choice to get in front of that camera. Plus this is not the first time that a woman has been on GI TV, a while back they use to have a girl helping Tim show the new guns. Long story short as long as it brings in money why not use it, but as soon as it scares buyers away they will stop using a GI Girl because ASGI is a businesses after all, they are here to make money.
tylerflow wrote:That's almost as crazy as the RPK74 simply being an AK74 with a longer barrel.
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:43 pm

I really don't care if she stays or goes. As long as GI remains a high-quality retailer, I really just don't care about anything else.
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:55 pm

i don't think it's that much of a problem... if she wants to be sexually harnessed by random guys on the internet than let her do it... it is true that ASGI is just using her so people would buy more of their stuff, but having one model isn't that bad. It's not like Evike which has like an army of 20000000000000 Asian super-models @ their disposal.....
Jonas wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Honoured1
Knight

Postby Honoured1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Gi posted this on their fb making it seem like its a terrible thing you're all saying, but I agree. There's no reason for the sex appeal. I don't mind women airsofting. Yeah, its attractive. But did you pay an actor, or did you get a female player? That's the real question at hand to me. If she plays, its fine. OTHerwise, this is a low. Whatever you do, do not flaunt this on the home page like evike.
Armory:
KWA PTR LM4 380fps / 13 RPS - 15,500 rounds, No Problems
VFC 416D (M27 IAR) GBBR -
KWA Mp7 -400 FPS / 22rps - 25,000 rounds, No Problems
KSC G18c

Have owned: E1 Stag-15, JG G36c, JG Tact. AK, JG AUG A1/3, G4-A3, ICS m4/16, VFC Scar-L, Socom Gear N-10", JG G3 SAS, VFC PDW, WE PDW, WE Scar, WE m14, E1 MTC, E1 Scar, TM Mp5, ACM M500, KWA 1911, Cyma M14, WE 1911, KJW 5.1, Magpul Masada, A&K Masada, KWA S-sytem, VT MK18, A&K 249, E1 Baby m4, TM mk23, TM 5-7, KJW m700
elGuapo
Lance

Postby elGuapo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:29 pm

I see no problem in it. AirsoftGI is simply displaying one female in tactical gear with airsoft guns. Now it'd be a different story if she was wearing clothes that were too revealing to be deemed "family appropriate". As for the "sexual harassment" , it all depends on the person looking at the photos. If I or anyone were to post pictures of our girlfriend or for some their wife , we would be mad if someone decided to say very demeaning things about their partner, however we do not think of that, we simply think of us showing that girls do play airsoft. To some it may be that airsoftgi is going the wrong direction, to some its simply a girl with airsoft gear, be what it be , its interesting that airsoftgi has finally put up a girl way after Evike has put up more than one. I do not want to start any type of argument or anything, just putting in my two cents so please do not get mad at me.
Last edited by elGuapo on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armory:
Cyma 028
Cyma 031
KJW M1911A1
A Rock ( For Distractions )

Return to “Airsoft GI TV Discussion”