INDEX
G&G
CA
KWA
Systema
Echo1
------------------------
(Thanks SoulScribe for banner)

Alright, it seems, every time someone asks for a gun recommendation, everyone posts G&G but they don't tell about any of the downfalls. I personally own a G&G Gr16a3 Carbine, and had a G&G Gr25 spr. Both are great guns, but some of you guys are taking it to the point where "Its the only way to go."
G&G has been around for a while, but they just recently started kicking it into gear. Their guns range from AKs to M4s to L85s to UMGs and everywhere in between.
Their internals are great, and if you want a gun that will last you a good number of years, its the way to go. I love how their gearboxes are built, they aren't made of cheap, pot metal.
The downfall I see though is in their wiring, I've had nothing but problems with the connectors to things like the motor, and the battery. They didn't do a very good job at it, and as such, I highly suggest anyone with a G&G to immediately replace these, they seem to fall apart left and right.
As for externals, the G&G is built pretty solid, but the charging handle sucks pretty bad. The spring it is connected to grows weak pretty quickly, I ended up completely ripping mine out because it wouldn't stay put. The little latch on it broke as well.
If you plan on upgrading your gun over time, I would suggest G&G all the way, but if you plan on upgrading it frequently I would suggest ICS. If you plan on upgrading it once, I would suggest CA (maybe), if you never wanted to upgrade it, and only wanted to replace the barrel, I would recommend KWA.
That's all.

--Edit--
Just going to add some more info on G&Gs. I don't know if they've fixed this issue since their 2008 model, but the stock hop-up chamber on the gr-16 series rifles should be replaced after about a year. it is plastic, and is therefore prone to snapping eventually. My hopup chamber..well the feeding nozzle...snapped off midgame once, I have no clue how it happened, I must of been a little to rough with my gun or something, luckily I had a G&P metal hopup assembly in the toolbox I brought with me, so I changed it within few minutes.
------------------------
*Need someone to write STAR/Ares and ICS, I have had limited experience with those two.
Last edited by Cody on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Talon26
Silver General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Que

Re: About G&G and Gun Recommendations

Postby Talon26 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Great guide Cody. This will not cut down the Which gun/brand threads though :lol:
Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
-Talon
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby adog12341 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:27 pm

well the new G&G top tech blowbacks are now coming stock with low resistance wiring sets, so maybe in the future, G&G will put the low resistance sets in normal guns
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
DeadSandstorm
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: noo

Postby DeadSandstorm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Some down falls ive seen are the one that cody mentioned. Selector issues the selector plate will crack randomly or become damaged. Ive seen trigger contacts that were blacker than the crayola crayon. Those are the major issues. Also compatibly issues are a major issue.

The gun has some nice internals though could last a long time on a 9.6v battery. Gun has good FPS and has a superb rate of fire stock. I love my UMG once i got passed the horrible wiring.

All guns have there pros and cons.

If you do recommend a gun i hope you own one or have used one more than quite regularly.
False info is not helpful to anybody and could give misleading info which is not cool.
Cody
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Cody » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:35 pm

adog12341 wrote:well the new G&G top tech blowbacks are now coming stock with low resistance wiring sets, so maybe in the future, G&G will put the low resistance sets in normal guns

Hopefully that solves the issue. I've had nothing but problems with the wiring in both G&Gs I've handled. The motor connection comes off in the middle of firefights, I have to take out my leatherman and clamp it back on, it never wants to stay, I ended up getting a completely new connector for both my + and - The battery connector needs to be handled with care as well, if you pull on it while the battery is attached, it may come off and cause you grief...
adog12341

Postby adog12341 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:41 pm

i dont recall any situation where my battery or motor connections have given me any problems, mabye i just got lucky :mrgreen: :roll:
My Youtube Channel
Sionadi
Gold General

Postby Sionadi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:20 pm

same here as Adog, i havent really had any problems with wiring with my Gr16A4, my friend has had is for a couple eyars also and never had any problems, but yea i have seen a few G&G's whos wiring crapped out
If my garage was on fire you would see me hauling a** down the street. You better try and keep up.
Native
Jeweled General

Postby Native » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Ok i am about to buy a G&G GR16 A2 Plastica series to make into a VN style DMR / Assult rifle hybrid and started to see all of you talk about the wireing. This worrys me so since this is one of the few trades i am not totaly aquainted with. The Gear box, barrel, ect are fine with me but hearing what happens to the wiring and what it can do to batterys is unerving me a little. My question is if i am planning to use this gun for quite some time, up grading it ect... Should i stick with the G&G?
tylerflow wrote:That's almost as crazy as the RPK74 simply being an AK74 with a longer barrel.
adog12341

Postby adog12341 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:45 pm

well its the best gun in its price range in my eyes. Echo 1s are ok, but i am trying to say away from their m series because of the barrel wobble, caused by the multipiece outer barrel and the weak plastic body, while the G&G has a 1 piece outer barrel and a strong body
My Youtube Channel
Sionadi
Gold General

Postby Sionadi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm

well, if you want to make sur it doesnt happen, you can buy a new wiring for it http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2849
If my garage was on fire you would see me hauling a** down the street. You better try and keep up.

Return to “General Airsoft”