About G&G and Gun Recommendations

Airsoft news, New Products, ETC
HolyHandGrenade
King General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Moo

Re: About G&G and Gun Recommendations

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 pm

adog12341 wrote:The price pretty much. For that price, you can get better. ;)

No, it's just that other parts that are vastly cheaper are also MUCH better.
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby adog12341 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Yea, that too. :lol:
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
kris2lund
Pawn

Postby kris2lund » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:24 pm

I do believe you, trust me, but say I wanted to replace my magnum motor? What would you recommend? I need to pull a m130 spring and I would like to keep a decent rate of fire.
HolyHandGrenade
King General

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:29 pm

A cheap ACM high torque motor. They're plentiful on eHobby under multiple brand names and perform almost as well as the Magnum and last MUCH longer, since the Magnum isn't even insulated correctly.
kris2lund
Pawn

Postby kris2lund » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Yeah, the magnum always struck me as a Russian Mig haha... big, strong, but not too efficient or well crafted. It's actually really funny that you mentioned it's insulated "incorrectly" because I was beginning to suspect so after my last outing.
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby baklash 1337 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:48 pm

kris2lund wrote:You Kinda poked a bear with a stick when you were like "FAIL" or "YEah G&G sucks, still love it?" F*CK Yeah I love it! Don't you love your gun?!?! Its my baby! haha.

You can thank the airsoft rumor mill for tormenting you, the one that says G&G sucks, CYMA AKs are the best, and Systema PTWs are not durable. People really need to think things through before spreading BS everywhere.
kris2lund
Pawn

Postby kris2lund » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 pm

I honestly love G&G. The airsoft world is based on preferences. Ive owned CA, ICS, and Echo 1, and am looking into a King Arms if I can get the money sometime down the road, but the G&Gs feels the best in my hands. I really can't say anything about other guns being built to Tokyo Mauri standards and whether or not that should be the determining factor in a good gun, but I can't see why I should be told I "failed" in the work I did on my gun. All I can say is G&G made a name for themselves, and I'm a proud supporter. Yeah I used a FEW systema parts to upgrade, but I'm not pushing 10,000 rounds a month through it. Probably not the best gun out there, but I'm more than satisfied. I'm sorry if I've caused trouble on this topic, I'll take the opportunity to leave you guys alone, but If you ever get the chance to own a G&G, take the opportunity to try out a reliable and dependable company.

Cam
HolyHandGrenade
King General

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:01 am

kris2lund wrote: they assume you are always ready to upgrade and make it easy for you.

^That was the fail. Not you upgrading your guns. Just the fact that what you said you love about G&G is something that EVERY AEG on the market has.
kris2lund
Pawn

Postby kris2lund » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Oh, well I know that haha. I remember back in the day when Mauri was so cool. My friend had an sd5 and we were like, "there will never be a better gun." HAHA, WRONG. Yeah im sorry about blowing up, but someone destroyed my car, which I just found out was on the classics list (fml) and so now I have to sell my gun for the time being. \

Airsoft has grown a LOT since I started. So the whole upgrade-ready thing has been new to me for the past few years.
Duy556
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby Duy556 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Hard to beat a Marui hopup though. ;)
King Arms M4

Return to “General Airsoft”