INDEX
G&G
CA
KWA
Systema
Echo1
------------------------
(Thanks SoulScribe for banner)

I figure, that since I made a G&G one, I might as well make some more of these, and just write down my experiences with these guns.
I used a CA M15A4 TC almost all last summer. It was completely stock, only thing new in it was an m120 spring.
The CA guns used to be one of the top competitors, they were always the recommended brand for more than a year(if you didn't get a lemon), next to TM.
Although their externals are metal, they aren't always the highest quality metal. From what I found, you either do or don't have good CA externals. They are made from pot metal, so you never really know what you'll get.
Personally, the CA I used, has been played with in all sorts of conditions, and because of this the metal started to get small rust marks on it within the first two months. They aren't noticable from a distance, but they are there, and around the edges of the gun.
The internals of the CA are alright. Their gearboxes aren't put together to take anything you throw at it. The actual gearbox shell isn't the strongest out there, but it's not the weakest either. You can put a m120 in it and not have to worry during the summertime, but when it comes winter, you may want to downscale to a 110 or a 100. I personally wouldn't trust the gearbox not to crack.
I like the trigger system in the CA guns, it's nicely put together and easy to put in and out. I haven't had any problems with the wiring yet, it's not bad, but I'm sure it could be better. The barrel CA guns comes with sucks, and I highly suggest that you replace it immediately, along with the hopup bucking, because that isn't the best out there either and its only $6 to get a pretty good one.
I've owned and handled CA guns before, and overall I'd say they are solid. But if you plan on leaving it how it is, I wouldn't suggest buying it, it needs a new gearbox(including the shell, which may crack in the winter with a powerful enough spring.)

------------------------
*Need someone to write STAR/Ares and ICS, I have had limited experience with those two.
Last edited by Cody on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
DeadSandstorm
Gold General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: noo

Re: About CA and Gun Recommendations

Postby DeadSandstorm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:05 pm

I love CA personally 2 of my team mates out of 4 lol use CAs. One is a http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1012 while the other is just the plain m4 sportline with a metal body. The externals are less than stellar you can fell the body bend in some places. Pistol grip is solid on the metal body though. No looseness in any CA i have touched. The internals are okay could be better thats why there are CA upgrades. :D

Some of the pain in the arse things are the motor wires can be a pain in the sportline they come off everyonce in a while. Internals for the guns are a pain cause it CA internals only which makes people not want CA most the time. Like i said earlier metal body is okay not the greatest. Another issue the CQB one had a selector switch issue which he has not let me fix yet. The spring has come off of the return so the selector is loose. The gun can fire full auto in every mode. In semi its like a AUG lol!

I most say even to all those cons i still love CA.
Sniper King
Silver General

Postby Sniper King » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:29 am

CA is a great brand, and from my experiences, CA has a pretty good hopup, still not the most consistent, but i could get a .28g BB to fly perfectly straight up on full hop, and when it was set just right, It could hit a 1ft. high 1ft. wide target at 150ft, bone stock.
CAMOUFLAGE
epic skills
King General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby epic skills » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:26 pm

My CA died, using all stock parts, in a week. The barrel, although 6.08mm, is ok, and the externals (I got a sportline) are nylon fiber or something like that, and feel like metal and are almost indestructible, so the only reason that gun is still around is because I replaced all of the internals other than the hop up chamber.
CybeRoguE
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion2: Noo

Postby CybeRoguE » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:00 pm

Should make one about e1, and a truthfull one, not just one that bashes E1. For some reason, some people seem to think that E1 is the worst company ever x.x
SoulScribe
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby SoulScribe » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:49 pm

I never really liked the CA brand. I fee as if CA is letting other companies potential overlap theirs.

PS.These tutorials are pretty useful. Although I think these recommendation posts can be refined to one thread. It's pretty much sticky material.

@CD: I agree. I think Echo1 is a good company. Their gun's quality is rising with every new gun released.
CybeRoguE
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion2: Noo

Postby CybeRoguE » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:56 pm

SoulScribe wrote:I never really liked the CA brand. I fee as if CA is letting other companies potential overlap theirs.

PS.These tutorials are pretty useful. Although I think these recommendation posts can be refined to one thread. It's pretty much sticky material.

@CD: I agree. I think Echo1 is a good company. Their gun's quality is rising with every new gun released.

I agree, it would be better in one thread with line breaks in between...

-------------------------------------------------------
SoulScribe
Gold General

Postby SoulScribe » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Or if you want I could design banners for each company review.
epic skills
King General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby epic skills » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Yeah, I shot my friend's E1 E90, and it is nice, though you would expect more rof from the 9.6v it comes with. My brother is looking at echo 1 phantom aug or echo 1 mp5 of some sort. He wanted a JG, but considering how much you need to put into them, I told him no. (same with the E1 vector arms mp5, that has a m130 spring, wtf?)

I like my CA sportline just for the externals, it is rediculously durable, I haven't done anything to it other than drop, throw, (about 20 feet across a creek onto some rocks when I slipped into the creek) and bash it around, and it is unbeliveable stable. It has some small scratches, but the sportline armalite bodies are amazing. (except the buffer tube doesn't come off for some reason)
Cody
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Cody » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Okay I'll make an Echo1 one, I'm not doing JG though.

And ya, the Sportline guns internals are far worse than the internals of a standard CA AEG, which is probably why yours broke so quickly epic skills.

Do it Soulscribe!

Return to “General Airsoft”