Postby Cody » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:04 pm

INDEX
G&G
CA
KWA
Systema
Echo1
------------------------
(Thank-you to Soulscribe for awesome banners)

Same as the last two, I will discuss the facts and my opions about the different gun companies.
From my experiences with (my dad's) KWA, they are a great gun for someone who wants a gun that just works great out of the box. Their stock barrel is alright, but if you want the best performance, I would suggest getting a decent one, and you'll be all set to go for the next year or so.
The wiring in the KWA, from what I've seen is pretty good, I've never had a single problem with it, the connectors are on solid, and I'm never worried about accidently letting a large 9.6v 4200mah battery's gravity pull on them. The guns are built pretty solid externally, but can be dinged/scratched up over a lot of use. The RIS on the S-System is one of the only cons I see on KWA. It's not built very solid, and over a few months of gameplay will eventually require you to ziptie it to hold it together.
Internally the KWA doesn't really need any upgrades unless you plan on completely redoing it. In my opinion, it is one of those guns that is fine stock with the exception of the barrel(like on all guns.) The gearbox looks and performs pretty good. Only downfall I've encountered was with an m130 in the middle of sub-freezing temperatures, where the gearbox cracked. I was running my G&G the same day, my dad was using his KWA, we both started firing, his ended sooner. (I was using an m120 and when I took it apart the night after there were 0 signs of wear, the front of the G&G gearbox is built very tough.)
Overall, I'd say the KWA is a great gun for anyone who wants to just get started in airsoft, and not have to worry about upgrading their gun.

--EDIT--
KWA Guns do not have bad GB shells, almost any gun with an m130 spring in it shooting in 10 degree weather has a chance of cracking(V2 wise). Don't get the wrong impression here!

------------------------
*Need someone to write STAR/Ares and ICS, I have had limited experience with those two.
Last edited by Cody on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
DeadSandstorm
Gold General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: noo

Re: About KWA and Gun Recommendations

Postby DeadSandstorm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:12 pm

KWA is a great manufacture in my mind. They have the best customer service for any gun maker i must say. Something breaks some instances they well fix it or send a part to you. The guns are built like a FING rock internally. 8mm and 9mm **** extra special. Gun can run lipos in the guns some run really well while some have some gear quality issues. The externals on the KWA are so nice i can just kiss it. The only irritating part is the big fat trademark on it is kinda ugly. :evil: The guns only have to main problems. First one is trigger posts issues that is the most common one in KWAs. If you call KWA they will send you new ones. The second issue is some bad gear quality. My field owner has had two bad gearsets that really made him pissed off. I installed the modify gearsets in his M16 and his CQBR (now a patriot) and they have had zero issues since.

KWA great company if you want a armalite or a g36c.
CaveManNinja
Pawn

Postby CaveManNinja » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:09 pm

my kwa had the trigger post problem, i just went though customer support and even though it was waaay over 45 days, they covered it anyway!
Current Armory
kwa m4a1
a really cheap 15$ spring pistol
xraydelta7
Dragoon

Postby xraydelta7 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:26 pm

talon knows about the ics m4 :D
OFFICAL MEMBER OF ASGIF G&G OWNERS CLUB, we go golfing every friday afternoon :lol:
Total spent on airsoft:$698.25
AIM towards the Enemy.
- Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
bishopMP
Silver General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby bishopMP » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:40 pm

they have already made modifications to the gear box regarding the trigger post and the cut off lever. so if you buy from a place that has a regular movement of stock, you should have nothing to worry about. as for gear quality, the new line of replicas coming out in mid july (new prices will be available in another week), they will rock your socks off! new gears (extreme cold weather treated, plus they are thicker), bucking material, additional rifle models, new crane stock (wired to rear), new external finish, new logo and markings, various new pistols, and an AK model.
the current line up will start being produced with the new additions in the fall. individual parts should be available for purchase at kwausa pro shop after the entire line of 2009 models are in public hands.
kwa has been doing some sick torture testing to make sure the new stock models will dominate any stock AEG on the current market.
look for the GBB M4 in 2010!
"MIL-SIM: Adapt, and complain about it."
-bishopMP
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:36 am

Not trying to be off topic if this thread is all about AEGs...

I own a KWA M17. Has never failed me, EVER. It conserves gas quite well even when I'm using the high-flow valve, and the NS2 models conserve gas even better. I can't really say much more about the M17 because of discontinuation, but I'm sure the other KWA GBB models work just as well. Also, the gun wouldn't function correctly at 9,000 ft, all the gas would escape form the mag on the first trigger pull.

...After all, this thread is about KWA 8-)
Last edited by baklash 1337 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpatton
Lance

Postby mpatton » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:24 pm

A friend of mine had one that actually broke very shortly after use. I'm not sure what was exactly wrong with it; now that I think about it it was probably a wiring issue. Anyways, the gun would fire for a bit and then just...click. Then nothing. He sent it back and it's currently being handled but it's very very slow.

On the plus side, for the few times it did fire, it was a dream. Pretty accurate out of the box (eyeballing it), powerful, had a good sound to it. Pretty good ROF too. Externally it was rock solid, no wobbles or anything.

I'm guessing (hoping) he just got a lemon but...I felt I should share what I've seen out of them.
bishopMP
Silver General

Postby bishopMP » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 pm

prolly was a trigger post issue...which was part of the first generation of guns....and have since been resolved. this happened to 2 of my aegs, and kwa has replaced all broken parts, and they were WAY out of warrenty.
"MIL-SIM: Adapt, and complain about it."
-bishopMP
N0BODY ATR
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby N0BODY ATR » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Well, maybe a bit off topic (the current topic anyway), but I had a question. I'm looking in to purchasing a KWA M4 SR10. It's not in at Airsoft GI yet. Anyway, when I get it I was planning on getting a tight bore for it. The stock barrel is only 6.05mm. There's only one problem... I can't find the right length. The length of the inner barrel is 394mm and the outer is 368mm. I need some suggestions. Granted that I haven't been looking very long, I thought having more than one person looking would give me a better chance. Thanks for any and all help in advance.
SPC
=|BANNED|=
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby SPC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:39 am

Check to see if you have any more room from the end of the inner barrel to the end of the outer barrel or even how much room into the flash hider you have. I found one thats just 14mm to long, you could see if you could squeeze it in.
Or you could get a silencer and cover a longer barrel.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_55&products_id=2958

Return to “General Airsoft”