Postby Cody » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 pm

INDEX
G&G
CA
KWA
Systema
Echo1
------------------------
(Thank you to SoulScribe for the great banner!)

Alright, I'm sure 99% of you guys on here are either thinking: A) I'm not wasting my money on a systema or B) Who would ever buy one?
For someone who wants to buy a gun that's going to last them longer than any other gun, look no further, the systema is the way to go. The price tag on it is definately inflated, I don't know whether it's worth the money or not, it's up to you. My father has owned his systema for about 6-7 months now, and is already selling it. The reason he is selling it is not because it wasn't worth the money, but because he doesn't plan on playing airsoft very much anymore, and what's the sense in having a $1500 gun if you aren't going to use it?
Externally the systema is by far the best gun around. The body is like no other... If there was a bridge made of nothing but systema bodies over a 5000ft canyon, I wouldn't think twice about crossing it (unless I was on a unicycle.) The trades look beautiful on it as well, and you really just can't get enough of that body!
As for internals, it also blows most guns out of the water, they are built to last. The only downfall is that the ROF isn't as high as it could be, but that is because it is built to last and not to be fast...
The one problem I did notice with the Systema PTW, was with the stock. The little nobs on tubes popped out a few times and required gluing. The little plastic piece on the buttplate that connected it to the stock also broke, but you can buy a newer/better one online for $X. They have larger tabs and are easier to handle than the one it came with.
The performance of the Systema is great. It may not shoot as far as an upgraded TM, but it definately outranges most stock guns. The reason it's not as good as it could be is because it has a hard hopup (correct me if I'm wrong by the way) and that doesn't allow the bb to shoot as far at lower velocities.
If you want a gun thats going to last you five times as long as a regular gun, and don't mind spending a little extra cash, this is it.

------------------------
*Need someone to write STAR/Ares and ICS, I have had limited experience with those two.
Last edited by Cody on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DeadSandstorm
Gold General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: noo

Re: About Systema and Gun Recommendations

Postby DeadSandstorm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm

To complete this thread like the others.

The systema is a great weapon for any player who has the money to spare. The gun is the ultimate realistic airsoft gun no matter what others say. The body is close to godly i must say. No creaks or wobbles at all. The gearbox is amazing the cylinders is a great design.

Some issues with the gun price is the biggest one for most people. Batteries is also a big issue it uses a special battery which can be a pain for some people. The guns internals you can not do anything to. I have not seen one aftermarket barrel for it. The barrel is a 6.04 stock anyway so no real need to upgrade.

Systema is a great great great brand. If i had the money i would have a m16 and a mp5 in my room right now!
Cody
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Cody » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 pm

eawh wrote:I have not seen one aftermarket barrel for it.

Theres quite a few on redwolfairsoft.com that I've seen. They get to be pretty expensive though (in the hundreds.)
I also forgot to mention, the bolt catch on the systema gets annoying, you get used to it after a while, but I only played with it for one or two rounds after using my AEG, so it wasn't something natural to remember to do. Also, anyone trying to be cheap with a systema will fail, if you get those plastic magazines on redwolf, you will be disappointed, they constantly have feeding problems (compared to the metal ones) and one of them is completely broken already.
bishopMP
Silver General

Postby bishopMP » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:22 am

I must add since iI own two of them.

Best replicas ever! The bolt catch wasnt hard for me to remember because you have to hit it on its real steel counterpart too.

Range... with an M4 length barrel, it shoots farther than ANY other brand iIve owned (TM, OLD CA, KWA). last sunday, I was hitting targets well out of a normal ranged AEG...I was amazed by it (I have recorded hitting a target at 210ft).

Reason for buying...True, it was a leap, but I looked at it like this; I was tired of spending money constantly upgrading and replacing. so I just sold all my stuff, and bought it.

ROF...In the Super Max version, its not as fast as a max. This is because the way the gears are set for high torque to pull the silver cylinder. Which when I use the Super Max and a blue cylinder, I get about 17rps @ 375fps w/.2g
BBs...345fps w/.25 BBs, both using a 9.6v.

In the Max version, the RPS is a little higher, as its strongest cylinder it can take, is the red. Its around 20-22rps.

Battery...I like the convenience of having a battery that is voltage and amperage rated for the specific gun in mind. Many ptw users replace the crane stock for a normal M4 stock, and use a lipo in the stock tube. You just have to make sure the battery you use has the correct amp output for the electronics...and voltage for the cylinder (each cylinder has a voltage requirement). You dont want to be under or over powered with voltage/cylinder.

Mods...Since real steel parts fit... There are plenty things you can do externally. Most users replace the receivers with real steel ones.
Internally, there isnt much you need to do, however, some users do a hop mod and get an after market barrel.

Mags...I love having mags that will feed every single BB! They are all metal, weight about the same as a partialy loaded real steel mag, 120rnds, never miss feeds or jams. Sure they are like $250 for 6 mags, but I like to play without any worry of gun or equipment problems (ive had too many problems before, and I KNOW others has too).
I like to play with my mind in the game, and not in the gun.

I only buy SystemA products to use with the PTW.
Last edited by bishopMP on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"MIL-SIM: Adapt, and complain about it."
-bishopMP
Iron Maiden 666
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby Iron Maiden 666 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:57 pm

What is the stock cylinder set in the PTW supermax and its FPS? Could I use the black cylinder with the PTW 9.6v battery?

I would like to add that I think the ROF is lower because it is training tool and is supposed to be as close to the fire arm as possible.

And can you really use real steel recievers on it? I know you can do stocks and RIS/handguards, but I had no Idea you could use real steel recievers.

Sorry for this necro almost a year later, but I thought I had something to contribute.
6 years of paintball experience.
bishopMP
Silver General

Postby bishopMP » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:20 pm

What is the stock cylinder set in the PTW supermax and its FPS?

The stock cylinder set for the "Supermax" should be the silver cylinder - 550+ FPS. If buying online, check the details to be sure you are getting the silver cylinder...some companies will provide a different cylinder as special package.
Let it be it known that any other cylinder in the Supermax will get 'shaved' by the risen sector gear of the Supermax.

Could I use the black cylinder with the PTW 9.6v battery?

Yes.
Systema recommends the use of the 12v battery for the RED and SILVER cylinders only. The 9.6v battery is good to go for all lower cylinders.

I would like to add that I think the ROF is lower because it is training tool and is supposed to be as close to the fire arm as possible.

Not necessarily. This was true during the 7.4v battery days...but that battery has since been discontinued. Of course the higher voltage in battery power will result in a higher ROF, as some use high voltage lipo batteries to support this, but as for a 9.6v, I am getting around 17-19 RPS on a warm day.

And can you really use real steel recievers on it? I know you can do stocks and RIS/handguards, but I had no Idea you could use real steel recievers.

Of course the receivers must be made specifically for the PTW, one cannot simply add PTW internals to any real receiver and have a working PTW. Here is the supplier:
http://www.empireairsoft.com/product_in ... 2af7a6acf5

Sorry for this necro almost a year later, but I thought I had something to contribute.

I'm sure because it was question based in a stickied thread, Cat and Faden will let it slide...this time 8-)
"MIL-SIM: Adapt, and complain about it."
-bishopMP

Return to “General Airsoft”