Postby Cody » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:12 pm

INDEX
G&G
CA
KWA
Systema
Echo1
------------------------
(Thank you SoulScribe for the great banners!)

Echo1 is one of the most common starter gun brands for any player looking to get serious in airsoft. I started with an echo1, I recently sold it a few months ago, it was never upgraded, but wasn't too out-performed on the battlefield.
The range on a standard Echo1 is comparable to any stock gun out there. They can shoot around 125-150 accurately, but once you go beyond those 140-150ft your chance of hitting anything are very slim.
The external quality the more recent echo1 guns are great, they are sturdy and only the older models seem to have any bend in them. They have recently been releasing full metal guns, I haven't had a chance to test them out, but I'm sure they are fine. (Not VA, I'm not going to classify VA as Echo1 for the sake of reviewing Echo1.)
The gearbox of the Echo1 guns are somewhat messy. The gearbox shells themselves are around par compared to most other AEG companies, the gear sets aren't the best, and neither are their pistons. The piston is made of a cheap plastic. I've never had any serious problems with Echo1 guns before, they will last you if you are careful with them, but I wouldn't suggest dropping it more than once.
Also, the barrel and hopup need to be replaced, barrels in echo1 guns aren't that great, and neither are their hopups, you can make your gun perform a lot better if you replace those two things.
I'm going to leave the rest of this review up to you guys, I don't have much experience with echo1, despite owning two over my airsoft career, I wasn't able to tell back in those days what a good motor from a bad motor was.

------------------------
*Need someone to write STAR/Ares and ICS, I have had limited experience with those two.
Last edited by Cody on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CybeRoguE
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Noo

Re: About Echo1 and Gun Recommendations

Postby CybeRoguE » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:21 pm

-- Barrel and hopup aren't the worst tho. They're better than JG, but could still use a few upgrades. My stock P90 hopup and barrel seems to be pretty good though. For a small gun, I'm surprised how accurate it is.

-- Another thing is the spring guide. It's one of the first things I wanted to replace when I first saw the gearbox -- it looks like its made of brittle plastic (but it does handle an M120 fine from experience). I simply replaced mine with a G&G metal spring guide.

-- May also wanna add that E1 guns are compatible with about 80% of aftermarket parts
tnapp
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby tnapp » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Cooldragon23 wrote:-- Barrel and hopup aren't the worst tho. They're better than JG, but could still use a few upgrades. My stock P90 hopup and barrel seems to be pretty good though. For a small gun, I'm surprised how accurate it is.

There the same.
And my Mp5 has a metal spring guide but J.G. gears/AR latch =[
Cody
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Cody » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:31 pm

JG = A little less than half of Echo1's guns
CybeRoguE

Postby CybeRoguE » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:34 pm

tnapp wrote:
Cooldragon23 wrote:-- Barrel and hopup aren't the worst tho. They're better than JG, but could still use a few upgrades. My stock P90 hopup and barrel seems to be pretty good though. For a small gun, I'm surprised how accurate it is.

There the same.
And my Mp5 has a metal spring guide but J.G. gears/AR latch =[

Which is odd because my Aug has a plastic guide and NO jg gears/latch. Well, at least I didn't see the logo anywhere.
epic skills
King General

Postby epic skills » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:17 pm

lol when I opened my friend's JG g36c yesterday to upgrade, the spur gear had 4 shims on the same side lol. Talk about poorly planned gear length. :roll:
DeadSandstorm
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: noo

Postby DeadSandstorm » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:03 pm

Echo1 is a cloner of Mauri gearboxs and guns. Most of there guns are JG, kart, galaxy, and agm, A&K, and many others. Echo1 takes these guns and can do some minor upgrades to them nothing that special though. They might reshim it or clean out the gearbox and relube the gearbox. When compared to the original maker you will not find much difference. I have worked on JG guns next to the E1 variant i must say your paying extra for not a whole lot.

One of the nice things about E1 are the warranties that comes with the gun which is nice to have. They are a nice cheaper gun for a nice looking body and some okay internals.

The guns have issues though. They have lots of lemons. Horrible shim jobs which burn your eyes when you see it. Some internals come preworn which is not very nice. Wires are sometimes grounded in the wrong place causing batteries dying quickly. Barrels are some of the worst ive seen by far. Hopup sleeve can be torn or folded in the chamber. Air nozzles can be cracked or broken. I have seen horrible spring compression thats only on the AUG series though that ive noticed. The guns when plastic still creak which annoys me and others. Also most of the guns have bad bad barrel wobble.
CybeRoguE

Postby CybeRoguE » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:31 am

My aug hasn't had stock compression problems (it still doesn't really, but that's because of my fiddlinx with gearbox), plastic isn't creaky on any of mine, I haven't heard of too many e1 lemons either.
tnapp
Gold General

Postby tnapp » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:10 am

A few of my friends had E1 lemons
adog12341

Postby adog12341 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:23 am

well asgi tests for lemons by shooting them & chronoing them before shipping them out. I've only seen a low few of echo1's in the boneyard section, mostly jgs and cymas for aegs
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.

Return to “General Airsoft”