How To Make Money Airsofting

Airsoft news, New Products, ETC
Waklum
Pawn

How To Make Money Airsofting

Postby Waklum » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:34 pm

Well, how do you make money airsofting? I know you can make money selling guns and being a tech guy, but is there any way one can make money by participating in the sport? :?:
faden
|spD|Deviant Admin
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: How To Make Money Airsofting

Postby faden » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:52 pm

People make a living off winning (console/pc) gaming competitions, give it time maybe airsoft will go higher :)
cat61986
|spD|Celestial Cat

Postby cat61986 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:24 pm

I think the way paintball succeeds is that it's considered a sport, so people sponsor paintball teams while having these teams advertise their sponsors. That way, when people go to certain paintball games, they'll be hit by subliminal advertising.

As for airsoft, this sort of idea may be a pretty long shot.....
i do, i do emergere dal fondo per lottare e poi
salire in alto più che mai
i do, i do guardare nel futuro e sorridere
con una nuova identit�
BLACK EAGLE
Pawn

Postby BLACK EAGLE » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:53 am

it actually isnt that hard my team (which is a discloed name wishs of my commander) is in the procces of bein sponsored by monster :mrgreen:

and we are already sponsored by airsocom and we are thier #1 team
cat61986
|spD|Celestial Cat

Postby cat61986 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:05 am

An issue is just that airsoft isn't considered a sport to the general population. The guns are too realistic. If a kid sees an airsoft game on TV, and sees people shooting each other which what looks like real guns, then the kid may go grab his mom or dad's gun and shoot other people with it, not realizing that what he sees on TV is airsoft, and not real steel. Meanwhile, paintball is, and I quote Flowers, "a bunch of clowns shooting each other with grapes"; it looks harmless enough with all the protection that people are wearing, the guns don't look real, and you see paint...lots and lots of paint.

So, since you have a team already on the road of being sponsored, good for you, but it's still difficult for a bunch of other groups out there.

Besides, blackeagle, which area are you in?
con una nuova identit�
KiloBravo
Lance

Postby KiloBravo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:43 pm

Some people build guns for others, some people hosts events, and maybe just maybe some people will get together someday and make a official rule or sanctions and then host a **** good event every 2 weeks or so ( with prices, etc. for competing teams and individuals ) maybe some day ? right now manufacturers barely support stores let alone fields and teams/individuals.
-Trust me with your life, not your money or your wife !
Rax
Pawn

Postby Rax » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:46 pm

cat61986 wrote:An issue is just that airsoft isn't considered a sport to the general population. The guns are too realistic. If a kid sees an airsoft game on TV, and sees people shooting each other which what looks like real guns, then the kid may go grab his mom or dad's gun and shoot other people with it, not realizing that what he sees on TV is airsoft, and not real steel. Meanwhile, paintball is, and I quote Flowers, "a bunch of clowns shooting each other with grapes"; it looks harmless enough with all the protection that people are wearing, the guns don't look real, and you see paint...lots and lots of paint.

So, since you have a team already on the road of being sponsored, good for you, but it's still difficult for a bunch of other groups out there.

Besides, blackeagle, which area are you in?

I realize this topic has been dead for the last few weeks, but I really disagree with the quote above in certain areas, so I had to post a response to it.

1. I agree that airsoft is not a sport. Paintball is a sport, airsoft is a simulation.

2. This is what I disagree with. Do you honestly think that if a kid were to see some sort of televised airsoft game, that he's going to go and grab a gun and shoot someone? First of all, I have a tendency to believe kids have common sense.... But that's fairly debateable. :P Here's the real point: movies, tv shows, video games, ALL of these have people using guns and shooting people. MUCH more realistically in some cases, too. I don't know many kids that haven't seen a movie, even a kids movie, that involves the usage of a gun to shoot at a "criminal." Now, children don't go find their parents' gun and decide to gun down another human being just because they saw it in a video, and I assure you, MOST kids have. It's everywhere, not just movies that children can't get into at movie theaters. It's on TV as well. So the likely-hood of a kid watching some sporty version of airsoft and then deciding to go on a rampage is so small that it's irrelevant. If that were even the case, it'd come from something much more realistic, such as a Mission Impossible or Matrix, movie.

3. I certainly agree with the paintball comment. :P

4. Here's my few cents: Since airsoft is a simulation and was never meant to be a sport, I don't see it becoming one anytime in the near future. Perhaps sometime down the road someone will make a dumbed down "airsoft sport," but I doubt any of us will see this for a very long time. The reason for that is that there is no way to honestly prove that someone has been shot during THAT round. There IS a detection system built into a vest and helmet, etc, but if you ask me it's pretty bulky, full of flaws, and very expensive. If you get whacked by a tree or something, it would register as a hit, and if you're too far from the shooter, it won't register the hit because it was far too weak to measure. In my opinion, unless there's a breakthrough in this area, I don't think that an adequate hit-detection system will be created for the next 20-40 years.

So I don't think airsoft will make money as a sport, for a very long time. I can see airsoft making money by using it as a training device, which it already is... I can see it making money by being used for re-enactments, etc... I can see it making money by using it in some sort of pre-military bootcamp or something else inventive. I don't, however, see it making money as a new sport. Not for a fairly long time, anyway.

Sorry for being on the extreme with a few of my viewpoints. I just felt like I had to put in my thoughts.
cat61986
|spD|Celestial Cat

Postby cat61986 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:16 pm

My "quote" was not the basis of my view, but the basis of allllllll the viewpoints of the dumbass parents/sheeple/"adults" out there. I'm not against the idea of having airsoft games be broadcasted on TV or any other sort of media. But OTHER PEOPLE/SHEEPLE DO CARE. These "other people" is the main reason why airsoft is so dead in the water on a bunch of issues. These "other people" is the reason why airsoft is so restricted/banned/denied/illegal. Was I providing an unreasonable sheeple reason? Hell no. This is truly how sheeple think.

(sheeple - defined as people that are unreasonably scared of weapons of any sort; in this case, the weapon being defined are "airsoft guns")
con una nuova identit�
Rax
Pawn

Postby Rax » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Right, and I agree. My post wasn't meant to be any type of personal attack, I just used your example to point out my opinion.

Hopefully though, I answered some questions on my 4th point.
coldzeromus
Pawn

Postby coldzeromus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:29 am

Some people can be really dense... You know there is a such thing as paint bbs that work well enough to be used professionally. Plus they come in a variety of different colors so team play would be simple. You people obviously have no idea how easily it could become more than it is. People are constantly getting into it. Even more already play. And given the proper marketing a new popular sport can be born. Plus it is, according to the dictionary, a sport.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sport see? Its already technically a sport. Just not as well known as football, basketball, baseball, etc.

Return to “General Airsoft”