New products, New deals
BlackoutAirsoft777
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Possible WE Tech MP7?

Postby BlackoutAirsoft777 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:24 pm

St Chris008 wrote:
tylerflow wrote:I think it's awesome. They say it will retail for ~$130 and I expect it to be a Marui clone internally.

If both of those things are true, I could be very interested in it. IMO, MP7s are too big to be secondaries for field games, so I'd only use one for CQB which I play much less. Having a cheaper option (as long as it's not crap, and I can upgrade/find replacement parts) would be very tempting.

Yet you also have to keep in mind that WE-TECH has a high lemon rate, so kee that in mind.
One Life, Nine Hearts, And Eighteen Hands That Will Rip You All Apart.

Follow me twitter https://twitter.com/BlackoutAirsoft
Subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackoutAirsoft777
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 am

BlackoutAirsoft777 wrote:
St Chris008 wrote:
tylerflow wrote:I think it's awesome. They say it will retail for ~$130 and I expect it to be a Marui clone internally.

If both of those things are true, I could be very interested in it. IMO, MP7s are too big to be secondaries for field games, so I'd only use one for CQB which I play much less. Having a cheaper option (as long as it's not crap, and I can upgrade/find replacement parts) would be very tempting.

Yet you also have to keep in mind that WE-TECH has a high lemon rate, so kee that in mind.

Their GBBR's are way better about this than their pistols, but the question is, what does this count as? :?

/s
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
BlackoutAirsoft777
Pawn

Postby BlackoutAirsoft777 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am

Yeah but remember (the guy on top) MP7 isnt a rifle, it even classifies as a Machine pistol. so, i certainly do not know what WE-TECH's MP7 quality will be.
One Life, Nine Hearts, And Eighteen Hands That Will Rip You All Apart.

Follow me twitter https://twitter.com/BlackoutAirsoft
Subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackoutAirsoft777
St Chris008
Panzer Dragoon

Postby St Chris008 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 am

Regarding the videos, aaaaaaaand my interest is gone. If I'm gonna buy a cheap, (hopefully upgrade-able) MP7, it's gotta at least look like an MP7, not some kind of weird MP7-G36 hybrid.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby blackhawk13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:03 am

St Chris008 wrote:Regarding the videos, aaaaaaaand my interest is gone. If I'm gonna buy a cheap, (hopefully upgrade-able) MP7, it's gotta at least look like an MP7, not some kind of weird MP7-G36 hybrid.

On top of that, they got the bolt release completely backwards, and it looks like it has a reciprocating charging handle...

I did some research and there is rumor that WE will be making a .22lr version of this gun too. I was interested, but not after seeing those videos. If WE can't even get a charging handle to stay in place, much less make a simple GBB handgun without lemons, I wouldn't go within a mile of somebody shooting one of their real steel guns...
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
St Chris008
Panzer Dragoon

Postby St Chris008 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:01 pm

blackhawk13 wrote:
St Chris008 wrote:Regarding the videos, aaaaaaaand my interest is gone. If I'm gonna buy a cheap, (hopefully upgrade-able) MP7, it's gotta at least look like an MP7, not some kind of weird MP7-G36 hybrid.

On top of that, they got the bolt release completely backwards, and it looks like it has a reciprocating charging handle...

I did some research and there is rumor that WE will be making a .22lr version of this gun too. I was interested, but not after seeing those videos. If WE can't even get a charging handle to stay in place, much less make a simple GBB handgun without lemons, I wouldn't go within a mile of somebody shooting one of their real steel guns...

F*ck that, I barely trust them making something that shoots 6mm pieces of plastic, never mind something that propels a real bullet.

Did a little bit of digging, and there's an article that seems to suggest that WE was going to partner with another company to make them. The article sites VFC, who have stated they aren't involved. The article also says that VFC is the OEM for Umarex's line of .22 rifles. I looked into it, and it appears they're actually manufactured and assembled in Germany by Walther. :?:

Also, why would Umarex, who holds H&K licensing, want to produce a knock off of the MP7? If they could somehow get an MP7 to be legal to import (I'm pretty sure it's too big to be classified as a pistol, even if it was only chambered in .22, and is far too small to have the required 16" barrel of a rifle) why wouldn't they just faithfully copy HK's design like they've done with the 416 and MP5?
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Pull off the stock and forward grip, it is a pistol. If you can make an AK pistol, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for an MP7. The biggest problem I see, at least for the first few months/years, is ammo availability.

(From what I can tell) They actually import semi-auto MP7s into Canada for civilian purchase. Too bad you have to use 5 round mags with it...

Check out this guy's channel. He has some crazy stuff on there.
Jonas wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon

Postby SnakeAssault » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Umarex licenses someone to make .22 clones. I've heard it's Walther, but I don't know for sure.
Yeah, glad I got my MP7, and didn't want for the WE:
    Moving charging handle
    Imagine hitting the bolt release
    Not really an MP7
    **** what did you do with my foregrip?
    Your attempt to add rear sling mounts on the stock seems like a terrible idea to me.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
NoahLikesAKs
Pawn

Postby NoahLikesAKs » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:29 pm

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=14644 ....

Edit: Notice "Preorder out of stock"
Pawn and Proud

My Armory:
KWA LM4 Magpul PTS TRX11 (The Crown Jewel)
Tokyo Marui Desert Warrior 4.3
KJW Sig P226

Return to “New Products”