New Modify stuff

New products, New deals
LazyWaffleman
Dragoon

Re: New Modify stuff

Postby LazyWaffleman » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 pm

come on guys, 50 rps is fun, but is it practical? A normal assault rifle holds 30, so that would mean a emptied mag in under a second.
*Armory: Agm m4 gbb(g&p hop up,steel bolt catch)
G&G F2000
Airsoft Elite/ICS Mp5 SD
Tokyo Marui Mp5
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby adog12341 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Where in the he** would you find a mag that would feed that fast? :|
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
epic skills
King General

Postby epic skills » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:40 pm

LazyWaffleman wrote:come on guys, 50 rps is fun, but is it practical? A normal assault rifle holds 30, so that would mean a emptied mag in under a second.

who plays with realcaps?

adog12341 wrote:Where in the he** would you find a mag that would feed that fast? :|

correctly lubed and broken in (haha) midcaps or some highcaps with .20g bbs because heavier ones feed slower.

Sideways wrote:I'm completely lost here..Whats Riotsc, 38 RPS is craptastic? And finally, what is DSG haha..?

RiotSC is a airsoftmechanics admin who CNC machines airsoft gearsets out of chrome moly steel, they are second to none for durability, you could take them to 700 fps and 50 rps (if you could get a motor strong enough haha) and they would be fine with it. They are made in small batches so a regular set is $110-130 and a budget set (still better than any other gears) is around $80.

38 rps is craptastic with that dual sector design (DSG = dual sector gear, it has 8 teeth-none-8 teeth-none instead of 16teeth-none, riot also makes a 9 tooth dual sector for more power) because it isn't too hard to break 40 rps with one, and several people have gotten above 50 rps, Riot has supposedly broken 70 but no mags would keep up and any and all motors will die. It isn't incredibly hard to hit 38 rps in a normal setup either.
HolyHandGrenade
King General
HumanQuestion2: Moo

Postby HolyHandGrenade » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm

epic skills wrote:correctly lubed and broken in (haha)

That's wh... Nevermind :lol:
Sideways
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Sideways » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:25 pm

epic skills wrote:
LazyWaffleman wrote:come on guys, 50 rps is fun, but is it practical? A normal assault rifle holds 30, so that would mean a emptied mag in under a second.

who plays with realcaps?

adog12341 wrote:Where in the he** would you find a mag that would feed that fast? :|

correctly lubed and broken in (haha) midcaps or some highcaps with .20g bbs because heavier ones feed slower.

Sideways wrote:I'm completely lost here..Whats Riotsc, 38 RPS is craptastic? And finally, what is DSG haha..?

RiotSC is a airsoftmechanics admin who CNC machines airsoft gearsets out of chrome moly steel, they are second to none for durability, you could take them to 700 fps and 50 rps (if you could get a motor strong enough haha) and they would be fine with it. They are made in small batches so a regular set is $110-130 and a budget set (still better than any other gears) is around $80.

38 rps is craptastic with that dual sector design (DSG = dual sector gear, it has 8 teeth-none-8 teeth-none instead of 16teeth-none, riot also makes a 9 tooth dual sector for more power) because it isn't too hard to break 40 rps with one, and several people have gotten above 50 rps, Riot has supposedly broken 70 but no mags would keep up and any and all motors will die. It isn't incredibly hard to hit 38 rps in a normal setup either.

Thanks for the info, never knew they made these types of gears! New CQB set-up, here I come 8-)
baklash 1337 wrote:Knowing the people on this forum, nobody is going to ever have a baby.
epic skills
King General

Postby epic skills » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Sideways wrote:Thanks for the info, never knew they made these types of gears! New CQB set-up, here I come 8-)

ehh... be ready to put $130 into gears, get a neo magnet motor, ms190 spring, (m150 with spacer is PITA to put in the gearbox obviously) full metal rack azimuth (WGC shop sells it as STORM POLYCARB for $12) or CA blue piston with full metal rack and aoe corrected, or a -3 stroke element orange (prommy hard clone) with ATS tooth rack modified for 2 release teeth... be ready for it to fail constantly.

it will eat money, time, and patience... just letting you know. Making a 40 rps or 700 fps setup is one thing, maintaining a DSG is just something else completely.
Sideways
Gold General

Postby Sideways » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:52 pm

epic skills wrote:
Sideways wrote:Thanks for the info, never knew they made these types of gears! New CQB set-up, here I come 8-)

ehh... be ready to put $130 into gears, get a neo magnet motor, ms190 spring, (m150 with spacer is PITA to put in the gearbox obviously) full metal rack azimuth (WGC shop sells it as STORM POLYCARB for $12) or CA blue piston with full metal rack and aoe corrected, or a -3 stroke element orange (prommy hard clone) with ATS tooth rack modified for 2 release teeth... be ready for it to fail constantly.

it will eat money, time, and patience... just letting you know. Making a 40 rps or 700 fps setup is one thing, maintaining a DSG is just something else completely.

I completely forgot it was shortstroked. Putting a 700FPS spring would be a complete PITA. But just imagine the ROF with DSG, an 11.1V battery and a M100 spring (sure it would only be about 150 FPS, but jeez the ROF would be above 80 RPS)
baklash 1337 wrote:Knowing the people on this forum, nobody is going to ever have a baby.
epic skills
King General

Postby epic skills » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Sideways wrote:I completely forgot it was shortstroked. Putting a 700FPS spring would be a complete PITA. But just imagine the ROF with DSG, an 11.1V battery and a M100 spring (sure it would only be about 150 FPS, but jeez the ROF would be above 80 RPS)

it wouldn't work. You would get premature engagement problems and get about 4 fps. And some people run 14.8v LiPo.
Sideways
Gold General

Postby Sideways » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:00 pm

epic skills wrote:
Sideways wrote:I completely forgot it was shortstroked. Putting a 700FPS spring would be a complete PITA. But just imagine the ROF with DSG, an 11.1V battery and a M100 spring (sure it would only be about 150 FPS, but jeez the ROF would be above 80 RPS)

it wouldn't work. You would get premature engagement problems and get about 4 fps. And some people run 14.8v LiPo.

Ive heard of running of 14.8V li-po, but never actually used one. I am sure its overkill. As for the premature engagement problems, what would be the maximum ROF then without getting any engagement problems? (Assuming your using a M100 spring)
epic skills
King General

Postby epic skills » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:08 pm

umm... well with a normal setup it's around 25 rps, 30 if you have a really light piston and piston head... umm... I really dunno because DSG has almost no time for the piston to travel forward. Let's just say NO.

Return to “New Products”