Thread of random discontent

Anything goes... within the forum rules
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Re: Thread of random discontent

Postby Jonas » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:34 am

You can use cedar as flooring, we have a cedar staircase. It's torn the **** up but whatever it works. Seal it. I just installed a cork floor in a lake cabin a few weeks ago. You'll have to cut tongues and grooves though, which in itself is barely worth it, much less for a cedar floor. Just buy discount flooring at lumber liquidators. Or better yet get click lock laminate and just put it over the current floor. **** cheap and looks good a d is easy to clean.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby baklash 1337 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:11 am

I already moved out. I have my own living room/kitchen/bathroom now. I was not going to take up any new responsibilities on top of my job, school, and a tweaked back.

Oh and my dad got fired from his job of 18 years and he wasn't told why.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:14 pm

baklash 1337 wrote:and he wasn't told why.

I could be wrong, but don't they legally need to tell you why?

Discontent: I made the wrong choice getting a .45 over a 9mm. Two almost identical guns, same price, and I chose .45, which is around $17 a box, over 9mm which is $11 a box. Why is ammo so expensive.

Also, I went to two local stores to find some shotgun reloading powder I need, and they almost laughed me out of the place. Apparently Hodgdon Clays powder hasn't been in stock in almost two years...
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:43 pm

blackhawk13 wrote:

California is an at-will state, meaning that a business can fire anyone at any time for no reason whatsoever. The employee must sign a paper acknowledging this upon being hired if the businesses chooses this route. If the businesses is not at-will, then it's illegal. Whatever, they made a huge mistake firing him because he was the one making the money. My dad said he would just start his own pest-control company, and I believe he has the skills, reputation, investors, and the right people to make it work. We did some math over the phone and we figured that he'll pay off his investment in the first half of the season if he reaches his projected sales.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:03 pm

baklash 1337 wrote:
blackhawk13 wrote:

California is an at-will state, meaning that a business can fire anyone at any time for no reason whatsoever. The employee must sign a paper acknowledging this upon being hired if the businesses chooses this route. If the businesses is not at-will, then it's illegal. Whatever, they made a huge mistake firing him because he was the one making the money. My dad said he would just start his own pest-control company, and I believe he has the skills, reputation, investors, and the right people to make it work. We did some math over the phone and we figured that he'll pay off his investment in the first half of the season if he reaches his projected sales.

Well I hope he does well, if only to show them that they were wrong.

Discontent: My professor for the Experimental Chemistry 2 class I'm taking this term is an old guy that doesn't even show up for classes most of the time, much less actually teach us anything. Good news is that the TA that runs the labs is awesome and seems like she is having fun running the class herself.
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:04 am

When I worked for ODF we were unionized (UNION-ized...not UN-ionized...) so you had to hardcore f*ck up to get fired.

Currently applying for pro-deal websites with wildland work and climbing instructor as occupation. So many dealssssss...benchmade/spyderco/SOG and sooooooooooo many more. Gimme dis.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:20 am

Jonas wrote:When I worked for ODF we were unionized (UNION-ized...not UN-ionized...) so you had to hardcore f*ck up to get fired.

Currently applying for pro-deal websites with wildland work and climbing instructor as occupation. So many dealssssss...benchmade/spyderco/SOG and sooooooooooo many more. Gimme dis.

Well, I'd hope you were un-ionized too. If you were ionized you'd have some serious problems... :lol: (yes, I know that my inner chemistry nerd is showing)
Follow my blog HERE
snipeakid
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: huh

Postby snipeakid » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Having Stats and Calc back to back is starting to get to me. I should probably start doing the homework, might help.

On the bright side, finally got to put my 6094 through it's paces. But I couldn't find my GoPro housing, so I couldn't film.

I find it weird, when I go to a field, and there be kids that I help teach their PSR class.
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon

Postby SnakeAssault » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Got kicked out of the Navy. Boo.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:47 pm

SnakeAssault wrote:Got kicked out of the Navy. Boo.

That sucks man. Mind if I ask what happened?
Follow my blog HERE

Return to “Other off topic”