New knife

A sharp knife is the safest knife
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

New knife

Postby SnakeAssault » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 am

Looking to perhaps pick up a new knife. Figured I'd just make a list of the things I want or require.

Plain edge
Non assisted
Ambi Thumb studs
Under 3 inches
Frame or liner lock
Under 50 dollars
No flipper
Silver blade color. Not black or rainbow.

I've listed them by importance. Top of the list is key, bottom, not so much. Know any knives? And no, I'm not looking for a 200 dollar ZT knife.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
cat61986
|spD|Celestial Cat
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: New knife

Postby cat61986 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Would say Benchmade mini-Griptilian would be best bet, but it would be over your price range. You'd probably be able to shop around and get it to be under $80, but there's still shipping and applicable tax. Otherwise, Benchmade mini-Presidio might be a little bit cheaper, but not by much.

Otherwise, Spyderco Delica.

Haven't been in the Kershaw area for awhile that isn't non-assisted, but i still have my Vapor from awhile back that is my backup knife.
i do, i do emergere dal fondo per lottare e poi
salire in alto più che mai
i do, i do guardare nel futuro e sorridere
con una nuova identit�
Airsoft GI Bill
|asgi|Admin

Postby Airsoft GI Bill » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:11 am

I would actually take a look at Buck Knives. They should have non-assisted opening ones for under $50 and a large chunk of them are made in the USA.
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon

Postby SnakeAssault » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:20 pm

cat61986 wrote:Haven't been in the Kershaw area for awhile that isn't non-assisted, but i still have my Vapor from awhile back that is my backup knife.

That was my first thought. Saw a new model, but that was a flipper without thumbstuds, plus it doesn't have the pocket clip how I'd care.
Brings me to my issue with that Min-griptillian. Good looking knife, but that fact combined with the price, eh. I'll pass.
On the Delica, Lockback, eh. Also just thinking the Spyderhole seems weird to me. Don't really care for it so far.

Looked into Bucks a bit. Found a few I'd care for, specifically the Lux and Nobleman, but both had a shorter blade than I'd care for. I suppose it isn't a huge difference.

The main reason why the blade length is because I'm going to be shipping out soon, and would like to keep my knives throughout whatever states. At the same time, I do want as much knife as I can.

Final question, if I end up going with that Buck Lux: Is there a certain steel I should look for? General all purpose knife, not too heavy duty. S30V at $66, 420HC for $37, 13C26 for $45.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:32 pm

I got a Kershaw Leek a while back and I love it. it's right at your 3" blade limit, but you can get the handle and blade in a ton of different colors and finishes (CLICK). The price varies by style but is below $50 for almost all styles except the black (which you said you don't want) and rainbow (which I doubt you want). It is assisted, but if you take it apart and remove the torsion bar, it becomes a manual folder. It's got a frame lock and has a nice overall size while still fitting nicely in hand (at least in my hand).

Other options would be the Kershaw chive or scallion. They are assisted, but removing the spring bar is extremely simple and won't hurt anything on the knife.
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:46 am

Gerber EVO. I carry one everyday...

http://www.gerbergear.com/Tactical/Kniv ... e_22-41433
Jonas wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Elliotthep
Pawn

Postby Elliotthep » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:40 am

Scola should place on your airsoftgiforum.com banner ?
Haroldabnom
Pawn

New knife

Postby Haroldabnom » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:09 am

I know of a knife store in Eastgate that has been there for many years. Ill go past the weekend to have a look at this new shop.
jameschris
Pawn

Postby jameschris » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Whats the shop name Harold? if you dont mind just interested.
defense kubotans is my effective self defense weapons.

Return to “Knife Center”