Thread of Random Thoughts

Anything goes... within the forum rules
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Thread of Random Thoughts

Postby baklash 1337 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:42 am

Hey man, at least I don't have to delve into a deep depression and slice my wrists due to the money I'm dumping into expensive ammunition. When I bought my case of ammo (which has lasted me...) it was $0.21 a round @300 rounds, plus 60 free clips. That kind of price really makes you feel good about such awful rounds. I have a box of factory ammunition that I have not yet touched. I'm saving that for hunting, or god forbid, home defense. When you buy that stuff, it's just as expensive as any other rifle rounds. Curse the day that the consumer world runs out of surplus 7.62x54R

Also, I have a very old HFC MAC-11 in my possession right now, and while I have never seen an actually functioning KWA MAC-11, this HFC works like a charm.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:41 am

So, here's an article I found very interesting and thought I'd share. It's about a nuclear powered long range missile.

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/the-slam-missile-would-have-been-a-flying-chernobyl-daa6066850af

So, one of the local gun stores had a VP70Z in the original box, in great condition for $550. And that store usually has an absurdly high profit margin. I had no idea that an original VP70 was only a few hundred dollars. Pretty good price considering it's a high capacity, polymer framed, striker fired 9mm, not to mention the historic value of being the first commercial polymer frame striker fired handgun.
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:09 am

Jonas and I are planning on climbing Mt. Rainier eventually. Hype.
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:44 pm

My buddy's being a little ***** about it though so I might have to hunt down someone else. Three man rope team is ideal, hard to set up an anchor while you're holding up the other guy as he hangs in a crevasse...
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Jonas wrote:My buddy's being a little ***** about it though so I might have to hunt down someone else. Three man rope team is ideal, hard to set up an anchor while you're holding up the other guy as he hangs in a crevasse...

Ain't no time for wimps bro. I'll be on the search for someone who knows. There's a lot of outdoorsmen at my school.
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:41 pm

I have the skills to get us out of bad situations, but not to KEEP us out of them. It'll be fun either way
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:49 pm

I have the skills to get into trouble. Ask your boss about some good training locations. I'd like to hike up St. Helens, but that may just be a lone trip I'll take since there's no real danger.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:23 pm

I love it how the commercials for medications state "Don't take this medication if you're allergic to it or any of its ingredients." Because that really had to be said...

Then again, on my college EMS squad I did get a call for an allergic reaction. The patient had a known allergy to shell fish and decided to eat dining hall sushi for dinner. So apparently stating the obvious has to be done.

Long time later EDIT: Funny how a 1960s rifle and 1000 rounds of ammo can be selling for less than a modern .22LR rifle...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=496004156
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Eric
Silver General
HumanQuestion2: Nah

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Thought: just logged on here for the first time in probably three years. Weird seeing the place again, pharmaceutical advertisements and all.

Possible necro-post? Oh well.

EDIT: If any of the old guys ever get on here and see this, shoot me a message. I'm pretty sure I'd still get emailed a notification so I'd see it a hell of a lot sooner than I would a normal response.
Currently on the cutting edge of cocking about
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:29 pm

Wow, I forgot this place existed. Tried to get on it a few months back when I was transferring bookmarks to my new laptop, and got an error message. Wonder if anyone else will show up to post. I've seen some of Baklash's Facebook posts lately but I wonder who else is still around.
Follow my blog HERE

Return to “Other off topic”